Saturday, June 18, 2011

PARADE!

So this morning as I puttering around my apartment with my full-blown cold trying to clean I heard the not-so-unusal barrrage of fireworks somewhere nearby that sounded like a volley of machine gun fire... Or not so much but anyway, it always makes me think of that old ebaumsworld video of the end of the world with the line, "fire zee missiiiiles," when they are going off at any hour and in any weather... You hear them so much though for all sorts of things that you don't really think anything of it after a while. So on my way back from a nearby breakfast shop you can imagine my surprise when I discovered there was a full blown parade going on outside - I had run through the parade at one point just to get back to my house — traffic was a mess, there were cops on scooters everywhere, and fireworks being shot off in the street. About 20 minutes later I went out to take my laundry to the laundromat and the parade was still going on outside so I ran back up and got my camera, snapped some photos and got a few videos because the music and the different vehicles were just too interesting to miss. Enjoy!


The first one is just a short video of one of the trucks that made me think of a Fire Engine that had been attacked by the Rio Carnival...

 

Now compare the music of that one to this one:


and here are a few more videos :) i liked the children with the dragon...on roller blades <3

1 comment:

  1. My gosh, Alyce! Don't you get it??? It's a parade in honor of the blue trucks!!!! Great videos. I love all the opportunities you give me to feel like I am there!!

    ReplyDelete